Saturday 4 October 2008

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

That little angel sitting inside you - oh, yes, everyone has an angel inside - but did you realise it is a child?

Watching some old footage of the violinist Pinki Zucherman last night, what impressed me - apart from his incredible mastery - was - well, it wasn't just youthfulness - he was young in those days, after all, (I mean this was maybe back in the 60s and 70s) but it was something else, something I couldn't put my finger on. And it wasn't just him. I noticed the same thing in his flautist wife and the other friends playing with him - particularly Jacqueline Dupres. He was on fire! incandescent with some undefinable spirit.

It wasn't until I watched him playing with the English Chamber Orchestra - brilliant musicians all - but - none of them had this thing. Impish, Puck-like, Pan-like. And then it struck me: the spirit, the angel inside is always a Child. That's where the miracle comes from.

No comments: